If you’re currently a buyer, or going to be a buyer of real estate in the future, you need to know and understand your Miranda rights!
- You have the right to remain silent.
- Anything you say to the seller or his/her agent will be used against you during negotiations.
- You have the right to consult a buyers agent and have that agent work in your best interest now and in the future.
- If you can not afford an agent, you’re wrong, because you can not afford NOT to have your own buyers agent.
- If you decide to answer questions from the seller or his/her agent without a buyers agent, you still have the right to stop answering questions at any time, but you may have already done irreversible damage for your position to negotiate.
- After knowing and understanding your rights as a buyer, as I have explained them to you; are you still willing to communicate with the sellers agent?
If you answer the last question with anything other then NO, you will almost certainly end up like the criminals who answer questioning without their attorney – a loser.
If you think going through the Sellers agent or representing yourself is the way to conduct a property purchase, please comment on this post as to why you think so, or contact me so I could happily prove you wrong.